Saturday, August 25, 2007

Vacaton Day 1 - Can this GET any Worse?!?

Gawd I hope not!!!

Well vacation 2007 has started off with a bang so far. To say it has been an adventure would be downplaying the anguish that and many others had to face yesterday/last night/this morning.

I should of know when at 7:00 am on Friday, my first load of laundry was still wet and i had to be at work at 8.

Or maybe the "Did you lock the door?" question should of been a clue.

You see cause that is when it really started.

However, let's jump forward to 5:30pm, at Norfolk International Airport. I'm sitting on my plane, strapped in ready to embark on a journey of stinky sweaty people caged in a bus on wings to Hotlanta, when the following phrase was uttered "Bong! Ladies and Gentleman, now that you are a human version of sardines, we are now going to make you sit here for another hour and a half, because there are some pilots in the air scared of thunder and lightning."

So by the time 7:30 is rolling around, there are already 100+ people upset that not only has the flight been delayed, but now there is a chance of missing their connecting flights.

Well after finally landing in the city formerly known as the home of Michael Vick at approximately 9:45pm, it's off to find my now delayed flight to Los Angeles, Ca., which by the way was scheduled to depart at 9:40pm. That flight is now "scheduled" to depart at 12:05am, almost 2-1/2hrs late. I say scheduled, cause by the time all things are said and done, and after 4 delays, the flight ends up taking off at 12:30 and is only the middle of the casualty that my vacation has started out to be.

Trust me folks, day one is just the beginning... Day 2 starts out just as bad.

6 comments:

dc_speaks said...

dude...im so sorry to hear it wasn't a good start but tomorrow will be great along with the rest of your life.

take it easy and enjoy!

peace and thanks for the blog love, bro!!

Anonymous said...

HA! Did you lock the door!!! =) I always have some GREAT one liners!!!

I MISS YOU! Hurry home!!!

The Ambiguous Blob said...

Get your ass to Ventura County and start having a great time then! I make a seriously incredible martini.

Infamous JP said...

@ DC,

It has gotten way better. I'll tell you about day 2 - 6 soon I promise. Trust me life gets better.

@ Maria,

I'll be home the 3rd. I'd say come pick me up, but you'll be asleep.

@ TAB

I'm in Malibu right now. I am getting closer. I sent a text to your phone and I'll be checking out that website soon.

me said...

oh, atlanta is the worst to travel to in august. there are thunderstorms just a/b every afternoon.

i'm glad you made it out west safely and found good people to visit with!

Ginormous Boobs said...

What is it with you and airline delays?

At least we know how the vacation story ended. I think there is still a lady that needs to be thanked for dissing JP and causing a series of fantastic events to unfold...