Tuesday, August 21, 2007

So that's the real you....

And you couldn't tell me this before I booked my plane ticket?!?!?!

Ok, so it's official. Part of my vacation is "ruined". Not that I didn't sort of expect it, but still I'm a little peeved.

Let me explain. As everyone knows I have been planning my California vacation for quite some time. 3 months to be exact. It is going to be fun and relaxing at the same time. I was going to see family I haven't seen in 20 years and some friends as well. I was even going to meet some new ones that I had met via Myspace. And from the get go, I had been very open with what my plans were. I mean, I friggin wrote a blog about it for the world to see for crying out loud.

Well anyway, last night I received a sort of bombshell.

The friend I was going to hang with in San Luis Obispo, has turned out to be a fake. Complete from head to toe. The person I was going to see was supposed to be a single, 25 yr old female with a kid (which didn't bother me). She even told me AS I WAS PLANNING MY VACATION that she couldn't wait to see me.

So she calls me last night, and begins to tell me (in not so many words) "Hey JP I'm a fraud. Everything I told you was a lie. I am a sad person that has to make up a story about who I am because I have no life, I am unhappy, and I need some serious help." DAMN right you do!

So it turns out, that while she is 25, she has 2 kids, doesn't live anywhere near where she said she did, and more importantly is not single.

Oh well, it's a damn good thing I didn't have too much invested in her and that I wasn't going to just see her. Now I need to just find things to do fill those days that were going to be spent with her.

Damnit! Why couldn't Imogen's Mom come with me?!
----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Linkin Park - Bleed It Out
via FoxyTunes

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, LOVE...I wish I could come with you. I DO, I DO!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that really sucks. This sort of thing prolly happens more than you know.

Eric said...

All I have to say is "Dating Really Blows!!".

P.S.
I already have Imogen's mom, so you are going to have to find someone else. ;-)

Infamous JP said...

@ DRB,

I almost stole that line for this post. AND, you may have her, but now I live 6 blocks away from her, so now I get to stalk her.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you two...There is enough of me to go around!

DRB: As I recall, you didn't like the name Imogen...You gotta pick another one. =)

JP: I saw a shirt the other day that fits this instance perfectly..."Some call it stalking...I call it LOVE!"

Eric said...

JP: I have some pretty screwed up saying, but, feel free to steal any one you wish.

Actually, I do not have her either. I am pretty sure if I asked for her back she would not take me up on it.

Maria: You are right, I didn't. As far as the picking another one, any suggestions? ;-)

me said...

that sucks!
at least she had the nerve to tell you before you got there.

reason # 436 i am surely afraid of on line dating. The fakes.

Sally-Sal said...

Stalkers...hehehe... "Your restraining order says no, but your eyes say YES!"

Sorry about your vacation, JP. We should get a posse together to drink some beer, share embarrassing stories, and talk about sex. A lot :o)

Enjoy the rest of your vacation. You may meet some delectable, sweet young thang just looking for some "infamous" lovin ;)

Anonymous said...

I am a roommate of Tabbie (I think she refers to me as the girl with the really big boobs) and please, feel free to crash at our place at the beach. Silver Strand rocks far more than SLO anyway! And the company is way better.
BTW - DRB can fill you in on how very real we all are :)

Infamous JP said...

@ anonymous.

I really am considering that offier.

DRB, start talking. What kind of fun would i be getting myself into.

The Ambiguous Blob said...

haha- that's great!
DRB could certainly fill you in and you are definitely welcome to stay with us.

Ginormous Boobs said...

Ahhh, here it is. The infamous invite to the Infamous JP. This makes me laugh very very hard.