Monday, August 13, 2007

The Turn of a New Decade

Just cause I'm 30 doesn't mean I'm over the hill.


That is right. Today is my 30th birthday. I still feel like I am 20 and sometimes act like I'm 17, but I am 30. And for me, life can only get better.

When The New Year started, I told myself that this year would be the best I've ever had, and so far it has.

As I begin to celebrate my 30th year of life (I'm starting by taking the day off from work), I start to look back at the many things I have accomplished so far.

To begin... I have traveled the world many times over. None of them because I was in the military (I love the military so don't think that is a knock on them). I've been to the Caribbean 4 times. Traveled to half of the 50 of the States, lived in 4 of them. I've been to Paris, France and I've been to Mexico.

I've been married and divorced. I've become a proud uncle twice. I've got great friends that will always be there for me and a family that is probably the most amazing that there is. If you have heard stories of the hard times that I had, I was probably only 18 and just mad cause I thought I knew better than anyone.

I'm an accomplished softball and tennis player, and am getting ready to start adult kickball.

I've had the same job for 10 years and am making a decent living with it. I have taken on a second job for extra cash, but I really don't need to.

And finally as I get ready to end this blog, I think the most important aspect of them all starts with this. I have my family, I have my friends, I have my job, I have my GOD. And all of these combined together make me very happy. Happier than I have ever been in my life.----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Finger Eleven - Paralyzer
via FoxyTunes

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday Mr. President, er, John...Happy Birthday to you! =)

Sally-Sal said...

Please don't end the blog. Please.






If you have to, then email me.

Infamous JP said...

Don't worry, Sal I was only talking about the post. The blog will keep going strong.

Eric said...

Happy Bday JP. I was 30 once. It only goes faster now.

Sally-Sal said...

YAY!!!!!!! :o)

me said...

happy day! Go decade nubmer 3!

The Ambiguous Blob said...

Happy birthday. Welcome to 30-It's just heating up :)