Monday, August 27, 2007

Vacation Day 2 - Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.

Aren't vacations supposed to be relaxing?

(I am sending this 2 days later because I've taken some time to just relax before posting this.)

It's 5:55am PST. Budget RentACar LAX airport. And I'm on the verge of becoming extremely insane. After landing at LAX at 1:35 in the morning, and then getting shuttled over to Budget, I have been sitting here for 4 plus hours. No it's not because I really like the people here, or that I want to bask in the glow that is now being in California. It is because my credit card company has decided that, even though they have recieved a payment from me, they are going to hold on to the money and see if I will turn into a murderous psycho maniac.

MC: "Sir, the policy is to hold the funds for 10 days to see if has really been sent by your bank."

JP: "Um ma'am, I sent those funds 4 days ago, you withdrew them from my account, I have no access to them and I am now in CALI-FUCKING-FORNIA trying to get a rental car."

MC: "We see a payment was posted yes, but we are not going to let you have, so sit there for two days and stink up the joint. (While she is quietly laughing under her breath)"

JP: "Is there any way that I can convince you to just let it go this one time and let me at least sleep in a cardboard box near where I am planning to stay"

Needless to say, it took 4 hours and and tap dance and a strip tease for the Budget, I finally get my funds.

But lets not stop there. Let me add this little tidbit....

While I am waiting to talk to someone who has at least a little compassion at my credit card company, one of the Budget male employees offers me a ride to a shuttle so I can at least get to my hotel on time... during the trip over, without even being provoked, this employee proceeds to tell me that 3 yrs ago, he used to give blow jobs for money.

WTF in all that is HOLY makes you think that I even want to know about your desire for sausage being stuffed in your mouth for money. I am not gay, I was not flirting with you, and that by no means makes me want to sit anywhere near you. Do not touch you man loving homosexual.

Thank God that I am now at my hotel and enjoying the pool and comfort of my sleep number bed.

** For those of you interested, it turns out that the offer for a "couch" was indeed real, and I am at this very moment, trying to get all the arrangements worked out.

3 comments:

me said...

ha! that guy wanted to suck you off for money!!

LOVE IT!

Sleep number beds are muy excellente!

Anonymous said...

You did a strip tease??? AND I missed it??? DAMN IT!

The Ambiguous Blob said...

I'm glad it got better for you! Now, onto the fun stuff :)