Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Story Time continues.

Vacation 2007 Recap Cont'd

I promised you some stories from my vacation, and I am going to follow through with those promises. They will come over the next couple of posts...

The time I heard "I don't know how to pump gas"

Yes I actually heard that phrase come out of someone's mouth. No it was not from a child.

Apparently there are some states out there that pamper their drivers and prevent them from getting out of the car and being responsible for gas. I know New Jersey is like that. I've been there a couple of times and didn't have to get out my vehicle to receive more fuel. Parts of that I like (it's so much easier when it's 10 degrees below to have someone else do it), parts of it I hate (I have to tip these poor people now, because it has got to be murder to do that all day long).

That being said, there is still no excuse why anyone should not know where to stick the nozzle if they leave the comfort those states.

Apparently this one young 23 yr old female, didn't get that memo.

On my one excursion day fleeing the heat of is now know as the Hill of Hades, I was on my way to Hearst Castle. On my way I stopped to get some gas at a small gas station in San Luis Obispo. When I got there, there were 5 people huddled around the back of a Isuzu Trooper (3 guys, 2 girls). I didn't really pay attention to what they were huddling about. I did check to see if they had presidential masks and shotguns, but to my joy they did not.

So I get out, pump my gas, go inside to drain the weasel, wash my hands, buy Imogen's Mom her shot glass souvenir, and go to the counter. At that moment, the ring leader of the group walks in the store, walks up to the man at the counter and utters this phrase"

"HI I'M FROM ORE-EE-GAWN, AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUMP GAS. CAN YOU HELP ME?"

It took all of my strength not to burst out in "belly-rolling laughter" right then and there. It was even harder when the attendant looked at me and telepathically said, "I think I just piddled myself. That has to be the funniest thing I have heard since you got beat 4 times at Uno".

So for all of you Oregonians and New Jerseyians out there, here is a lesson on how to pump gas.

----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Kanye West - Stronger
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing on iTunes: 50 Cent - Ayo Technology
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

me said...

what a classic moment. i'm glad you had it.

Anonymous said...

Classic...Just classic.

The Ambiguous Blob said...

Oregonians never have to do it themselves! This is as foreign an idea to me as not knowing how to drive with a manual transmission.

Anonymous said...

Hey I am a little offended......lmao.....this Jersey Girl knows how to pump her own gas!!!