Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm an idiot.

Most of you already knew that....

Every 7-11 has them. Whether they are Indian, Chinese, Japanese, or one of the other "eses". You can't get away from seeing one at the next 7-11. At the one I went to yesterday, the people there were a mixture of Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, and Filipino.

The new promotional/new item they are selling is Eggrolls and they are selling them 2 for $3. Like every chain, there is a competition to sell the most of something, and today was eggroll day.

I am not a big eggroll fan. Never have, probably never will, but still they had to sell them to me.

Here is the conversation as it goes, while I am standing over the hot dog / eggroll cooker ....

Employee #1: You want eggroll?
JP: No thanks, but I'd like to have 2 quarter pound big bites please.
Employee #1: Ok I get you hot dog (and begins to get my order)
Employee #2 (who snuck up behind me): You want eggroll?
JP: I'm good thank you. I'm not a big eggroll fan.
Employee #2: *Gasp* Everyone like eggroll.
JP: Everyone cept me. (Employee #1 hands me my order at this time)
Employee #1: You sure you no want eggroll.
JP: I'm sure, thank you though. (I then proceed to counter to pay)
Employee #3 (at counter): Will that be all? You want eggroll?
JP: Haha no thanks...
Employee #3: You sure, eggroll is good.
JP (In my worst Chinese voice): I NO LIKE EGGROLL!!

I'm an idiot.

I think Employee #1 had gotten a broom at and had intentions of doing inventive things with the handle of the broom stick at that point.

Needless to say, I paid for my hot dogs and left pretty quickly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are SO MEAN! Seriously, if I didn't know any better...I would think you are...ooo, I can't say it...But, it ryhmes with bassist!!!

The Ambiguous Blob said...

for reals, it's like that scene in dude, where's my car with the fast food cashier- and then? no and then!

Sheletha said...

why does this crack me up????


I guess Im just as crazy