Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sometimes the past comes back...

And it makes you appreciate the changes that have been made since...

This weekend I was finishing up my move from my apartment into a house that I am moving into. While I was going through the "Keep or Throw Away" pile I ran into some old pictures of my ex-wife and I. Needless to say I went through a whole world of emotions at that very instant. Part of my got happy cause I remember the good times. Some of me got happier cause I remember the bad times. Then I got angry because of the WORST time. And finally, for a short time I got depressed cause I remembered the FINAL time.

BUT, instead of dwelling on the broken marriage and the emotions I was feeling at the time. Something rose up and me and I started thinking about what has happened in my life since the last time I ever saw her, and I couldn't help to smile.

I also started thinking about the important people in my life.

Here are the people that are important to me.

  1. MY FAMILY. They are first and foremost the only ones that have always been there for me. And besides, when there are people who have actually seen what happens when you have a bowel, don't they have to hold a special place in your life.
  2. IMOGEN'S MOM. She is probably the one person other than family I just could not do without. I have known her for almost 13 yrs and over the last year and a half have gotten closer. She is, without a doubt, my best female friend, if not my best friend.
  3. PB. We are almost a kindred spirit. We are going through the same mess with spouses and have learned how to encourage each other. Whether it be talking about past stories or just saying "Here have another Select". He is definitely my best male friend. Well that and he is my roommate.
  4. TTT. Even though I have know her for the shortest amount of time and she is considerably younger, I can do nothing but smile when ever I talk to her. Separated by thousands of miles and 3 time zones, she'll always make time for me and I always have a way to make time for her.
  5. Ms. INNOCENT. She is the one who helped me find my creative/assh*le side, and how not to be a prick when it comes out. Another person who lives hours away from me, but I will always find time for when she calls.
  6. Mrs. G. Ironically, she is the only married person of the bunch (in my age bracket) and the person I have known the longest. She's been there through thick and thin, ups and downs and still she hasn't kicked me out of her life.
  7. Mr Solovacic. Those of you that know him, know why. The most down to earth, fun loving person I know. He will go out of his way to cook dinner for you, even when his bank account says that it can't. Yet he still finds a way. And trust me if you think you have some stories to tell, wait til you sit and talk with him. You'll just pop in to say hi, and four hours later you are stuffed and have heard some of the funniest things in your life.
And the absolute most important person in my life? Jesus!! I don't know I have made it this far, but he has gotten me through it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugghhh...I hate moving.

Anonymous said...

Maria is lucky to have you as a friend. :u)

We should all be so lucky.