Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Let's hope dreams don't come true

Hard Decisions...
During a point in everyones life they have to make decisions. Some easy, some difficult. Some are simple choices, like what to make for dinner or where to eat for lunch. Some take some thought. I can't remember the movie reference, but at one point, the question was asked; You are driving down the street and see your best friend, the woman of your dreams, and an eldery woman in need of medical assistance. What do you do?

Sunday night I had a dream along the lines of a having to make a distinction of who lives or dies. It still frightens me two days later.

It started with on a pleasant day with my favorite person, Imogen's mom, and her daughter. We were enjoying some fun times at the beach and laughing while a storm was rolling in. During our adventure we came apon a place where the sand and the boardwalk formed what looked like a deep bowl, almost like a sink hole. This hole was so deep that if someone were to be pushed into this pit, they would not be able to get out on their own.

Then the unthinkable happened.

As we were walking around the pit, a hard heavy wave knocked the three of us over. It felt as if the ocean waited til we were in the perfect position, and then sent it's version of a atom bomb to hurl us into a watery dungeon that nature had formed. And after the wave had subsided, I was forced into a precarious place where my judgment was needed.

As it turned out, after the wave had passes. I was safe still on the beach, but I was alone. I heard screaming and crying but could not see who was screaming.

I looked in the pit and there was Imogen's mom's daughter, struggling to keep swimming. But where was Imogen's mom? I looked around frantically and finally saw her. She had been captured by the sea, knocked unconsious and was being dragged out to the depths of the ocean. It was at this point, I had a choice to make. Save Imogen's mom, a person a care deeply about and don't know what I'd without this person and leave the daughter to her fate, or save the daughter and let Imogen's mom go, knowing that she would most definitely die.

Then I awoke in a cold sweat....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Save ALY!