Sunday, June 03, 2007

My Weekend at PB's

The adventures of JP
This past weekend was an semi eventful weekend. My original plans included the beach, going to work and being one lazy mofo. By Friday night, they were totally rearranged.

I ended up not doing a single one of those things. Instead I helped my friend set up his pool for the summer. I had no idea exactly how time consuming it would really be and the pain it would cause. By the time we were done cleaning, drying, setting the pool up for the water, getting new hoses and filling the damn thing, it was 10 at night and still couldn't even swim in the damn thing til the chlorine took effect. I even got a freaking sunburn cause i made the mistake of taking my shirt off. In the end it was all good cause there was plenty of beer to drink to forget, plus I'll also get the benefit of diving into that pool next week. (BTW, that is a picture of the type of pool, not the pool itself)

I will say one thing however... I will have to give it up to Imogen's Mom for putting hers up by herself (or so she claims). I was so tempted to drive over there and say something, but I didn't want to interrupt her party.

more about me
I told you that when I find out more about myself, I'd let you know so here we go...

I'm a diehard Cubs fan. Laugh if you want, but even in losing, I keep the hope alive.
I do take risks, but there is one I want to take that I just haven't yet. I dream about doing it all the time, but I'm not ready yet.

I'm still afraid to go back to church. It's been 7 months since I've been and the hurt from the last one I went to is still fresh.
I Love Papa John's Pizza.

3 comments:

Tanika said...

I'm so happy you have a blog. I much prefer looking at these to the myspace pages because I'm not inundated with advertisement music and other annoying things. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Don't go back to church go back to God! its a shame that the very place that is suppose to help people identify with the Father do so much damage destroying the imagine of Him and He is sitting in heaven saying.."that's not me" we give too much power to these men, and they abuse it. They are abusers lets call them what they are the people who sit under them might have come into the place strong but just like any abuser they so degrade you that you self worth is tied to them. Men with power and low self esteem are the most dangerous kind of men...or should I say BOYS!!

Anonymous said...

WOAH! What are you trying to say?! That you don't believe a woman can put up her own pool???