Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Day 2 of the Mini Vacation

Late Excuses....
Everyone has heard of the outrageous late excuses that have been used. Apart from the I overslept and traffic excuses, most companies rarely hear many oddball excuses. I say most, because, where I work it seems like a new excuse comes everyday. This morning our secretary passed out a list of them. Here they are....

AGI Acceptable List of "I was late because" excuses.

  1. Employee was poisoned by mother-in-law.
  2. Employee's grandmother died (again).
  3. Employee was feeling all th symptoms of his expecting wife or daughter.
  4. Employee called from his cell phon, saying he was accidentally locked in a restroom stall and that no one was around to let him out.
  5. Employee tried to re-wire car electrical system to add a few dozen lights and now car will not run.
  6. Employee's house burned down.
  7. Employee's mother was in jail.
  8. Employee's arm hurts.
  9. Employee was sad or distracted. (I'm proud of this one)
  10. Employee had to take son(s) to court AGAIN.
  11. Employee has fallen and can't get up.
It's alive!!!
I think I created a monster... She started a blog. She knows who she is so I won't mention names (we'll call her Imogen's future mom for now thought), but now she is going to be blogging as well as myspacing. What have I done? And you know what is worse... I am not sorry!





joke of the day...
A guy was seated next to a 10-year-old girl on an airplane. Being bored, he turned to the girl and said, "Let's talk. I''ve heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The girl, who was reading a book, closed it slowly and said to the guy, "What would you like to talk about?"

Oh, I don't know," said the guy. "How about nuclear power?"

"OK," she said. "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow and a deer all eat the same stuff... grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?"

The guy thought about it and said, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the girl replied, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don''t know sh*t?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John, oh John...Why are you sad???