Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Karaoke: The American Idol Prerequisite

SCREECHING IN VA BEACH

Fox Broadcasting may not like what I am about to say, but I think it needs to be said.

GOING TO A KARAOKE BAR AND SINGING SHOULD BE A REQUIREMENT FOR ALL FUTURE AMERICAN IDOL CONTESTANTS.

We've seen them all. The William Hung's, the girl imitating the Wizard of Oz lion, and even Sanjayah's made so famous by American Idol. People willing to go on national television and make complete fools of themselves to get their 15 minutes of fame. (Sanjayah's 15 were 14 minutes and 59 seconds too long). Some think they are talented and that Simon, Paula, and Randy are clueless when they don't get those Golden Willy Wonka Tickets to Hollywood.

If only they had a clue about what they really sounded like, they could save you, me, and the rest of the world, money on tylenol after listening to them.

With that being said... I have to confess, that I would be one of the first cut by that new karaoke rule.

I too was thinking about trying to enter the next American Idol popularity contest next year. That is until I found Poppa's Pub. Thanks to them for making me realize, that I was not a diamond in the rough hiding from the entertainment world.

P.S. Brad Arnold and Bob Segar.... I'm sorry to say that disgusting feeling you felt at 11:00 PM EST on June 24, 2007 was the your stomach turning knowing that somewhere in the world, I was destroying a great song.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA!

"I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive, carved my name into his leather seats...
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights, slashed a hole in all 4 tires..."

Or was it...

"And when the night falls in around me. I dont think I'll make it through, I'll use your light to guide the way. Cause all I think about is you!"

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).