Friday, March 28, 2008

Please Pray, etc. etc.

I've stated many times that I try to keep my personal life out of my blog. I like to keep the private... well... private. Today, I found out something and I've been battling with in my head, thinking about a friend of mine and what they may possibly being going through.

What I am about to share is a something that I thought I would never have to deal with, even though I thought I would know how to react if it ever did happen. Today when it happened, I didn't have that reaction. Hell I don't even know how to react. I wish I did, but I am glad that I don't. If I knew to react, that would make me into a robot void of any emotions.

I am a little reluctant to post how I feel, but honestly, seeing a fellow blogger ask for prayers and good vibes for someone close to them, I can't help but do the same.

Today a personal friend of mine is hurting. She doesn't want to get out of bed feeling she may have chosen the wrong thing. You see, up until recently, she was pregnant. She was scared and excited about having a child, but was petrified about the pregnancy. She couldn't sleep and for her the pregnancy was one of constant pain. She has a pre-existing kidney condition and had been taking medication for that. Not long ago, the doctors told her that if she were to carry the pregnancy to full term, there was a strong possibility that either she or the baby would not survive. It scared her even more. She had determined that she had lived a good life and would carry the baby as long as she could.

Unfortunately there were too many people in her ears and they convinced her to have an abortion.

Everyone, I am not a very emotional person. I will laugh alot, but it's often very hard for me to cry. Today I cried.

Since the day of the abortion she told me that she has not left her bedroom and does not want to. She feels like a murderer and can't go 3 minutes crying about what happened.

I am asking everyone to please pray, send good vibes, whatever you can to my friend. She needs it.

And please, no negative comments. I don't care if you are pro-life, pro-choice, or "she's got to live with the consequences" type. Now is not the time to even go there.

Thank you everyone.

John

5 comments:

Ginormous Boobs said...

Oh, JP, I'm sending good thoughts and well wishes to you and your friend.

Don't laugh, but I say my prayers every single night. Your friend will definitely be included.

Keep being a great friend to her.. I'm sure it means the world.

Twinkie said...

Prayers, prayers, prayers to you and her!

I'm going through some crap right now myself, but this really puts it into perspective.

Steph said...

That is so sad. Sending loving thoughts her way. xx

The Ambiguous Blob said...

Poor girl. There is nothing in the world that anyone can say or do to make her feel better. Hopefully, time will make the pain subside. Well, maybe lots of hugs will help and some more crying.

the princess said...

i will pray like mad for your dear friend. this was a horrible position for her to be put in.

i could cry for her just reading it. be there for her. make sure she is coming out of the fog in a "normal" timeframe. depression is a certainty, but with support she will make out ok.

there's a lady on my blogroll who lost a baby last year. she writes and expresses her feelings about it. if your friend is the type to read blogs, she may eventually like to read some posts just to know that others can relate, youi know?