Wednesday, March 05, 2008

And you think that makes me want to work harder

My boss just said something to me that kind of ticks me off. I think he was trying to make me work harder, but it just made me look at him and say, "Well No Shit"!!

I try not in the habit of complaining openly about people I work for, but I sometimes find myself doing so. Today will be one of those days.

This morning, he comes in, hands me some work, and this is our conversation:

"I need this in exactly one hour".

After looking at what he hands me "I can do it, but it'll won't be quite the quality of work you are used to."

"I don't care, just get it done"


So I go back to my desk and start working on it. I'm going fast and furious and flying getting the work done. 55 minutes later, I walk into his office, hand him the work and then he proceeds to add more shit to the project and then tells me he needs it done PRONTO. I go, take care of it, give it back to it and he's off to a meeting to show off the work that was just done. I breathe a sigh of relief and go back to the umpteen million other things that I need to get done.

After the meeting, he comes back and calls me into his office. I'm expecting more markups and to be told, "Ok now make it look right." HA only in my dreams. This is what I got:
"JP, this looks like CRAP! My daughter could of done this, and she's only 8"

"Well no shit. I told you it would. You can't give me an hour to do 3 hours of work
and expect it to look right"

If I didn't love my job, sometimes I swear I just up and quit.

2 comments:

Ginormous Boobs said...

There's nothing I hate more than being rushed and being forced to do a half assed job.

I take direction well and would rather take my time and get the job done right.

And you know, if your boss doesn't slow his roll, I do believe there are some places out this-a-way that would be glad to have you.

Now go have a drink and relax if you can. I would avoid Wal-Marts and stupid drivers at all costs right now...they will only piss you off more.

Anonymous said...

What a freaking douche bag. Seriously, he is Mr. D Bag from here on out. Always refer to him as that.