Friday, January 04, 2008

I'm f****d. I have the wrong set of keys and I can't get in the house.

"You're not going to freeze in the cold like those Mexicans"

I have a habit of doing stupid things without thinking sometimes, or paying attention for that matter. I've been known to come to work with my zipper down on many occasions. Last night was no different.

The Virginia Tech vs. Kansas game was on my schedule last night, and I just couldn't watch that at home. I had to be around a bunch of other Hokies when they won, so I opted to go to a sports bar instead.

On my way out the door, I grabbed my keys to my car, got in and headed out anxious drink and eat Virginia Tech to a victory. I invited some of my friends to join me, but only The Fencing Dancer showed up (despite her declaration before hand that she was rooting for Kansas).

Unfortunately, 2 things happen during the course of the night that made it eventful.

1. Virginia Tech lost. (not the end of the world I know, but I really wanted to gloat because Virginia lost also a couple of days before).

2. I grabbed the wrong set of keys and had no way to get in the house after I got home. I searched my car furiously for them, thinking that maybe I had brought them with me. I never found them and tried to call my roommate to let me in. Apparently he crashed and didn't hear the phone ring, the doorbell or the pounding of my fist against the door.

If it wasn't for The Fencing Dancer's hospitality and insistence that I was not going "sleep in the cold and die like those Mexicans", I would of slept in the car with the 2 jackets and blanket I had in the car for emergencies. Thank You!!!

----------------
Listening to: 50 Cent - Fire (feat. Nicole Scherzinger & Young Buck)
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Listening to: Jason Mraz - Welcome to Saratoga: Older Lover Undercover (Live from Montalvo)
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! You coulda knocked on my door, I would have let you sleep on my couch, although I must warn you my house is not much warmer than your car.

The Ambiguous Blob said...

what Mexicans? Is this some kinda inside joke?

Infamous JP said...

Maria,

It was extremely late. There was no way I was going to wake you or Aly up.

TAB,

Last night during our conversation, I told her that I saw a story on CNN about it being so cold in Mexico that people died. She didn't believe me and the story never came up again... so yes it is like an inside joke.

Eric said...

JP: See my comment reply, Maria can show you her.

Maybe the Mexicans can keep you warm?