Wednesday, January 09, 2008

You Guys Like Me You Really Like Me!!

I won? I demand a recount!

Many of you know that I have been delivering pizza as a second job since the middle of summer. I started out working for one of the run of the mill, pizza only places that likes to rape it's drivers of their money without them really knowing it. I was working 4 days a weeks while I was there and would get home between 1 and 4 in the morning depending on the day and how busy it was and then getting to work by 8 the next day.

Not wanting to continue that cycle for too long, I changed company's around mid October, and I kid you not when I say that I absolutely loved the change. This place is basically a restaurant that serves pizza on the side. I very rarely work past 10:30 when I am scheduled there and the shifts are on average only 4 hours long. And what's even better... it's located in a affluent neighborhood and therefore the TIPS ARE AMAZING!!

Now the one drawback to working the pizza delivery side is this, you don't get enough time to really get to know any of the other people that work there, especially the waitstaff. I very rarely see them unless I am not working and getting food for myself.

Or so I thought....

Last night, the company threw the much delayed, out of place Christmas/New Year's Party. There was the whole Secret Santa and Year End Superlatives and everything. Having not been there for too long, I wasn't expecting to get any of the superlatives nor was I expecting a gift that would really be fitting for me. Boy, not only was I wrong I was surprised.

And the winner of the Best Customer Service for a Driver is...... JP!!
What? Are you serious? Check the numbers again. That's impossible, nobody knows me.
Wow thanks everyone.


That's right everyone, after 2-1/2 months, I am known for my customer service. I also found out that I was nominated for being the best dressed outside of work and for hardest working driver too.

I was also surprised when it came to exchange gifts for the Secret Santa. I received a pair of Virginia Tech glasses in the shape of a football. Talk about the perfect gift.

I got the person I had a pair of candles along with candle holder and a Victoria's Secret gift card, unfortunately she was not there, so the manager will give it to her later. I hope she likes it.

----------------
Listening to: Good Charlotte - I Don't Wanna Be In Love (Dance Floor Anthem)
via FoxyTunes

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, do you deliver to Baltimore?

Infamous JP said...

@ Catherinette:

Well no, but I am sure we can make a special exception just for you.

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! I always knew someone besides me, liked you! =) Btw, JK.

Anonymous said...

I feel so honored! Seriously, I'd give you a really super "tip". It would involve girl bits.

Infamous JP said...

@ Catherinette,

I am going to have to get your order started. Would like some sausage with your pizza?

Anonymous said...

I'd like extra sausage, please! Oh, and can I get that spicy?

Infamous JP said...

@ Catherinette,

I can guarantee the extra part, but you'll have to tell me if it's spicy enough for you when you try it.

The Ambiguous Blob said...

every girl likes victorias secret and candles. good job.

Also, it must be all that aeropostale making you the best dressed :)

Congrats on being well-liked!!!

Also, you and catherinette are so flirty! You should take her up on the Baltimore delivery request. I bet you'd really like it. Baltimore and girly bits, that is.

Infamous JP said...

@ TAB,

Girl bits are good at any time, whether they are in Baltimore, Virginia Beach, California, or even Vegas.

Brittany and Kenneth said...

wait you now have to deliver to AZ first. we had already discussed this.

Anonymous said...

My, my JP...You have been busy...But, how come everyone else gets a response and not me. And try to make one now, it's pointless. :-(

Infamous JP said...

@ Maria,

You didn't get a response simply because I can actually come by your house and count your 15-1/2 bags of leaves and comment in that manner. Unless you'd prefer to keep our relationship at the electronic level only.

me said...

hello?! why wouldn't you be the best in customer service?! I would never think anything else of you Jp. :)