Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"Hi I'm new here. Gimme your credit card!!

Stop the Madness!!

I haven't had much to blog about lately, simply cause things have been pretty low-key for the past week and a half. It seems that every once in a while everyone seems to go through dry spells in their life and my spell is going on right now. I'm pretty sure there certain things I could mention like my sister coming into town tomorrow and my plans to hang with one of my kickball teammates tonight at the club, but I feel it would be more entertaining if something interesting happens and I'd tell you about it.

That being said... I have some a grievance that I have been dying to express

MySpace Spammers, you are not fooling anyone!!!

Ok, I know for those of us that have a MySpace, I know you know the process. You have friends that have MySpace accounts, you get their info and add them as a friend and then proceed to check them out every once in a while to see what is going on in their life.

Some of your friends you talk to on a daily basis either through MySpace or through some other means.

Some you catch up once in a while with my sending small little comments like "Hi! Haven't talked to you in a while. What's new?"

Some you really don't talk to but will browse their profile every once in a while and look at their new pics, see which friend recently posted a comment and read their bulletins cause she's pregnant, their getting married, or to announce to the MySpace world that those new pics have been posted.

Then during your MySpace stalking, you see a friend you haven't talked to in umpteen years, or you see a musician you like and decide to "friend request" them and build your Friend List.

That is the normal behavior of a MySpacer.

Sometimes I see that little "New Friend Request" Icon and think "Sweet, Jessica or Jimmy from Norview saw my profile and added me". Then much to my dismay, I see this hot blond name Julianna or Ariel or Paige has added me.

No I did not just become the luckiest man in the world and some gorgeous plastic endowed has seen my scruffy soul-patched face so irresistible she has to have me now. Instead it really is just some dude in Kuala Lampur or Tokyo, Japan trying to lure in some of those desperate 40yr old men still living in his mom's basement with a comic book store or some computer business who hasn't gotten laid since Reagen was president.

Seriously, do you think I'll actually fall for this? Sure I'll check the profile to see it's genuine. And each time I just laugh cause the profiles all read the same.

"Hi! I'm new to MySpace and I want to meet some new people. Here is a link to some webcam site with girls in Brazil who we've kidnapped and forced to show their coochie on the internet for peanuts while we get paid big money from your credit card you sick old man from America.!!"
Any man with a brain knows this scam... but every day it happens. What's worse is that there are men that actually do it.

Now don't get me wrong, I like looking at beautiful women just like any straight man would, but if I have to pull out my Mastercard to do it, then I really need to evaluate my life.

Never has a song been so true as what I am listening to right now.....

I feel like slapping a B*tch today!!
----------------
Now playing: Ludacris - Slap
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you for thinking this way (even though I'm not a bloke!!)

there must be idiots that respond to the spam intermittantly for the spam to keep on flowing? But why?! are people really that gullible and pathetic -
I wish more men were turned off by exploitation of women. There are enough girls out there to show their stuff for free.

dc_speaks said...

man...i posted on this same thing a few months back.

you have just inspired me JP. thanks. i shall follow up with another one of those posts really soon.

Gaby Hess said...

It cracks me up that people fall for that.