Monday, July 09, 2007

It's like sucking air through a straw

Roger Federer I am not!!!

Forehand, backhand, forehand, forehand, drop shot, backhand. That is what I did yesterday. That's right I played tennis. Inspired by the Wimbledon Final of Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, I got out there and played tennis for the first time in years.

That was also sequence it took for me to realize how freaking out of shape I really am. Cause after just 6 strokes and 15 minutes, I came up, hands on my hips breathing heavy and sweating like a fat man rolling out of bed. Granted it was 90 some degrees and the sun was shining right on my face, but it just proved how little I've done since the high school when I was able to last for 2 hours and still probably go another hour.

My dreams of making a pro tennis debut are ruined. First No American Idol, now this. My ideas for becoming famous are starting to dwindle.

My next idea is to dethrone Tiger Woods... Let's hope that they allow mulligans on the Pro Tour.

No comments: