Monday, July 30, 2007

Please Don't Forget to Tip

And you think waiters/waitresses have it bad.

You know it amazes me how cheap people can really be.

Let me explain... Recently I have taken on a 2nd job as a Pizza Delivery driver for some extra cash for my trip to California. I'm thinking, "Ok, if I work Friday and Saturday nights I'll make some BIG bucks, especially since I know the area, I know pretty much every street in within where I'd be delivering. Man was I WRONG!!!

Come on people how hard can it be? Drivers are just like waiters except we bring your food to your home.

Not only do we have to bring your food you hot, but we have to use our own personal vehicles, which means we have to have insurance and to pay for gas (okay half). All because you don't want to get out of your homes to go get it.

Yes we get paid hourly, just like waiters, and yes we get a commission of what we deliver, but if that was my only means of income, you would never get your pizza cause I wouldn't have a car (or at least insurance for my vehicle). Hell in my first four days of being a pizza slave, the average income, came to about $5 and hour. BELOW minimum wage!!!

So be considerate people, and extra dollar or two on your $20 pizza order really helps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you come dance for me in your pizza delievry guy outfit, I would tip you WAY more than $2.00!!!