Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Hi How are You?" "I love You!" "Is there something you have to ask me?"

"I see that you have an anger problem", " You need to get yourself to a hospital soon or you are going to die in 3 days"

This is the type of bullshit I was getting for the past 3 weeks.

Somehow someway, "Chloe" the psycho psychic got my phone number and felt a need to call me. This started about 2 weeks ago, obviously I didn't die.

While I usually laugh at these type of encounters and pay them no mind. This one became a problem. As each day went by, the phone calls became more and more frequent. It started with one phone call a day, then to two and gradually til it reached the point that between the hours of 8am and 3 pm, I would get somewhere between 10 and 20 calls a day.

One day, I got tired of it and called my cell phone company to see if I could find out who it was and somehow press charges against them. While I was on the phone, they called me 7 times in the matter of 5 minutes. Unfortunately they had blocked the number so there was no way that they could find out who it was.

So to combat the nonsense and to keep from getting the ridiculous phone calls and having to press ignore every time, I changed my number.

Now I have to call everyone to let them know I changed my number. Well except for the credit card companies and bill collectors....

4 comments:

Ginormous Boobs said...

Sorry, JP, I've been drunk for the past 3 weeks.

I need to cut down on the Boones Farm.

The Ambiguous Blob said...

hahahahaa- really??? Man, that sucks.

Anonymous said...

That was me pretending to be Chloe.

Here's a question: why didn't you just block the number?

Infamous JP said...

GB - I knew the voice was familiar, but when did you start using Chloe as a name?

AB - Oh don't I know. At least my cell phone company didn't charge me for changing my number.

CS - Oh geez! Are you and GB in some sort of conspiracy against me.

Oh and because when the call came in as a "Private Call" there was nothing I could do to block the number. The cell phone company is doing some searching to see if they find a way, but until then I am SOL