Monday, February 18, 2008

Where have you gone Mr. Wilks?

I'm here, just busy...

It's been quite a while since I wrote a blog I know, and I am sorry. I've just had a lot going on lately. A lot of it involves work and some of it is a personal thing.

Can I go home now?
For the past 3 weeks, I have been absolutely killing myself with work. I'm not just talking a couple hours of overtime, I'm talking the kind of O.T. where you think about bringing a pillow, a blanket, and some toiletries to the office so you can take a nap break from working. I've worked so much that at times when I look at the computer screen, I'll see triple of what is in front of me and then I know that it's time for one of the nap breaks.

RIP Josephine Gorab
Another reason I have been scarce was the passing of my grandmother in law a little over a week ago. I am related to her through my marriage and while the marriage was severed, my personal relationship with her never did. She liked me from day one and will always hold a special place in my heart. I had to go to the funeral to say good bye and to say I was sorry for not being a better husband to her grand-daughter, and to thank her for the love she showed me regardless.

She lived a long life and fought a good fight. She was in her early 80's when she passed and I will miss her dearly.

RIP Naunie.

3 comments:

Ginormous Boobs said...

OT is over and you can now leave the office before 9pm...whoo hoo!!

Though I may request you stay late one evening, you know, to work on something HIGHLY important with me. It's a visual project.

___
On a different note:
JP, it certainly says a lot about you that you kept up your relationship with your grandma-in-law despite the breakup of your marriage. It's that good guy thing creeping in again.

The Ambiguous Blob said...

I'm sorry about your grandma in-law. Old people are so awesome. It's sad to see them go. I can't imagine what it will be like when my grandparents pass :(

Nic said...

Hey JP,
So sorry to hear about the passing of your gradnmother. She'll always be there for you in your heart.